Manager Development Program
Underperforming managers disrupt productivity, contribute to high turnover, and increase cost. This service solves the problem of underperforming managers by uniquely teaching coaching, conflict management, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence. The lack of these skills, or their effectiveness, is costing you.
The Manager Development Program is a five-step program that delivers the four critical skills—known as competencies—that your training programs are not: coaching, conflict management, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence. Additionally, we provide you with a tool evaluate your managers, identify the underperforming ones, and monitor their growth during the program.
STEP 1: Meet with decision makers to explain roadmap and timeline, to gather information about current training plans and evaluations, and to layout key result areas. In this step, we’ll:
- Outline the service’s roadmap;
- Schedule training;
- Do a leadership entry survey;
- Determine change agent;
- Rank manager performance using Altitude Ranking Tool; and,
- Identify affected or underperforming managers.
STEP 2: Meet with affected managers to assess their concerns. This is a fact-finding step in which we’ll correlate information to identify trouble-areas and reasons for underperformance.
- Schedule meetings with managers to answer the following questions:
- What’s happening/what’s the current situation?
- What should be happening/what’s the ideal situation?
- What is the gap? What is the difference between what is happening and what should be happening?
- How important is the difference?
- Do self-assessment using Altitude Ranking Tool.
- Schedule training for step 3.
STEP 3: Strategy deployment phase 1 – Skills Workshop. In this step, we improve the leadership and performance of managers by giving them they’re missing skills.
- Learn coaching, conflict management, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence. Perform exercises in employing and developing each.
- Begin development of leadership philosophy.
STEP 4: Strategy deployment phase 2 – Coaching. In this step, we employ the strategy to improve the leadership and performance of managers by coaching their use of skills and their leadership philosophy and monitor development.
- Participate in weekly individual leadership coaching calls.
- Complete leadership philosophy.
- Monitor and assess growth and development of affected managers.
STEP 5: Conclusion. In this step, we’ll review work.
- Assess the total change in ranking and improvement with change agent.
- Summarize insights and findings.
- Discuss the new current situation.
- Assess side effects of the new current situation.
- Decide on follow-up mechanism.
TIMELINE: 12 weeks.